WOW! Today we had the opportunity to demo a totally new and innovative VR headset, never before released to the public until now. We were really honored to have the rare opportunity to check out the device and as you will see by the video, it was a completely mind blowing experience! They are definitely taking things to a new level!
- There is still a lot of work to be done regarding the usability factor. Understandably, it is only a prototype release, so we hope there will be some improvements.
- Sim Sickness is very real! If you are afraid of heights, definitely don’t try climbing up the Donkey Kong ladders.
- We were not able to get the positional cameras working. We will be sending it back and hopefully they can send us a replacement.
- We were not able to get the motion controller to work properly. You can’t see your hands! Very dissorienting and catching Pokemon is SUPER hard.
- The device was comfortable but a bit heavy and drained our phone batteries quite a bit.
- Bubble wrap VR is totally awesome! It’s so real! You’ve got to try it!
Overall, we really liked it. We are looking forward to the commercial release this Christmas and can’t wait to check out the Virtual Girl!
P.S. April Fools! In July…
Source from arvrmagazine.com